Closet Core Patterns Blanca Flight Suit - Sizes 0-20 (Approx. UK size 6 -24)
The Blanca Flight Suit is a semi-fitted, highly customisable jumpsuit inspired by vintage workwear. With multiple sleeve and leg options, it can be made in a variety of fabrics and can easily be styled up or down. It features a centre front zip, patch pockets that double as belt loops, an optional tie belt or buckled belt, a traditional shirt collar and a unique pleated back design. Customise by adding a long sleeve, tapered sleeve with snap button, or short sleeve. The leg is cut straight, with the option to crop or taper at the hem with a leg tab. In addition, choose between a classic breast patch pocket or a zippered pocket for added detail.
This is a paper pattern which comes with a printed instructions booklet.
SKILL LEVEL - 4 out of 5 (Intermediate to Advanced)
SIZE RANGE - Approx. UK 6-24 / US 0-20
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Use structured wovens like denim, twill, canvas, linen, or drapey wovens like cupro, tencel twill, silk noil.
You'll also need 0.25m (1/4yd) medium weight fusible interfacing and 0.25m (1/4yd) lightweight cotton for the pocket lining.
Fabric (see chart for quantities) plus fabric for pocket lining and interfacing (see FABRIC SUGGESTIONS above)
- Thread in matching colour
- Optional top stitching thread
- Matching non-separating zip: Sizes 0-4 = 20" zip, Sizes, 6-14 = 22" zip, Sizes, 16-20 = 24" zip
- Marking tool and point turner
- Zipper foot
- Optional: 2 x 5" zip for zip pockets
- Optional: 2 x 1/2" snap buttons for tapered sleeves
- Optional: 4 x 5/8" buttons for hem button tab
- Optional: 1 1/2" buckle for optional buckle belt.