Tilly and the Buttons Lyra Shirt Dress Pattern - Sizes UK 6-34
Swoosh around in effortless style with this on-trend dress. Endlessly versatile, pick a cool cotton for summer, cosy needlecord for winter or drapey viscose for added swish!
- Easy-fitting bodice with bust darts and button front opening
- Classic two-piece collar and stand
- Gathered skirt can be hemmed at the knee or add the midi-length panel for a trendy tiered look
- Choice of short sleeves or full-length billowy sleeves with elasticated cuffs
- Optional narrow tie to cinch the waist
- And, of course, side seam pockets!
Lyra includes Tilly and the Buttons' award winning, beginner-friendly instructions, with colour photos showing each step – making it easy to create gorgeous clothes you can be proud to say you made yourself.
SKILL LEVEL - Improver
SIZE RANGE - UK 6-34 / US 2-30 / EUR 34-62 / AUS 6-34
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Light- to medium-weight woven fabrics, such as cotton lawn, voile, seersucker, chambray, double gauze, viscose (rayon), Tencel (lyocell), lighter weight needlecord.
- Fabric (see chart for quantities)
- 0.5m (5/8yd) interfacing
- Matching thread
- 5 x 12-15mm (1/2-5/8") buttons
- Long-sleeve version: Your wrist measurement x 2 in 10mm (3/8") wide elastic, plus 2 safety pins
- Sewing machine and basic tools, including buttonhole foot.